Let’s keep talking about driving revenues, improving CPMs, and taking advantage of Q4 spending increases. There is no time to waste this quarter to make sure your site is getting its fair share of Holiday ad spend.
Ecommerce Sales Rising
The pandemic has accelerated the adoption of online purchases. According to eMarketer “US ecommerce sales will reach $794.50 billion this year, up 32.4% year-over-year. That’s a much higher growth rate than the 18.0% predicted in our Q2 forecast, as consumers continue to avoid stores and opt for online shopping amid the pandemic.”
It is anticipated that this will be a fundamental change in how people shop, that should last past the pandemic. Good news for publishers as marketers will follow their customers online and bring increased programmatic spend into the market.
Tips to Find New Programmatic Revenue for the Holidays
Pubmatic shared some insight into how publishers can look for new revenue streams right now. Here are a few of their tips to help maintain and maximize revenue as we head into the lucrative Holiday season. Consider these suggestions in conjunction with Adapex’s insights for getting your share of the Q4 pie.
- Optimize Your Content.
- Advertisers are interested in electronics, food & drink, sports, and fashion & style
- Consider packaging content into gift guides to target in-market shoppers
- Update Your PMP Strategy.
- Package your inventory for preferred buyers
- Working with an experienced adops team can forge these relationships
- Audit Your Wrapper Performance.
- How is your header bidder wrapper doing? Have you implemented best practices?
- Adapex can help. We have had exciting success with our custom wrapper.
Adapex has seen steady improvement in CPMs across most verticals since June. Travel has made a notable comeback with CPMs up 50% WoW. And mobile CPMs continue to spike. (To grow your mobile revenue read here.)